So say the design team for the July 3, 2019 challenge at the Funky Junkie Boutique Blog (formerly known as Frilly & Funkie).
Well, I rarely do water sports of any kind (I'm not a good swimmer), the last time I fished was in the 1960s (caught a lot of suckers and not a single rainbow trout!), our last cruise was on an ocean liner French Polynesia, and I haven't played in sand at a beach in ages. However, I do enjoy aquariums, fish bowls, even views of fish while safely on a dock by a lakeside, so I decided to go the "fish pond" route...
I started with a watercolor background in an attempt to portray water. I had several layers in this and still didn't accomplish my goal but, it's a background, after all, and most of it will be hidden at the end. I started with ZIG Clear Color markers on a wetted piece of watercolor paper and, would you believe it, all four of the colors I chose were dry as a bone. So I bailed for a sample card of Daniel Smith Water Colors that came in a Hero Arts Jungle Palette and used a water brush and multiple layerings to get this:
- Stamps: Hero Arts "Color Layering Koi" (CM127) and "Color Layering Goldfish" (CL945)
- Dies: Hero Arts "Color Layering Koi Frame Cuts" (DI176) and "Color Layering Goldfish Frame Cuts" (DI354)
- Inks: ZIG Clear Color Markers " Haze Blue" (302), "Green Shadow" (049), "Pale Green" (045) and "Lt. Blue" (036); Danel Smith Watercolors/Hero Arts Jungle Palette "Pthalo Blue", "Prussian Green" "Pthalo Turquoise" and "Permanent Green" (999001114); Hero Arts "Fiesta Yellow". "Moss", "Pine" and two shades of orange from My Monthly Hero sets, colors unknown); GInaK "Amalgam"
- Papers: Ranger Watercolor Paper (ISW39532); Neena Solar white; Hero Hues "Sea Mixed" folded notecards (PS571)
- Adhesives: iCraft "Easy Tear Tape"; GinaK "Connect" glue
I'm also entering this in the:
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, July 1, 2019: Make Your Own Background
- Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge for July 2019: Watercolor #sssigchallenge