I seem to gravitate to monochromatic color schemes — I love how the absence of competing colors allows layers and texture to come to the forefront.
This week, I decided to go with yellow — I’ve sone several monochromatic yellow projects since I started taking these Simon Says Stamp challenges: an album for my layering stencils for a Work It Wednesday Challenge ( April 2015 ) and two cards for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges (January 6, 2016 and April 21, 2016) come to mind, but nothing for Simon Says Stamp Monday in yellow! It’s about time, I think!
I started with a background. I picked various patterned papers in shades of yellow and trimmed and layered them to fit a 7” by 5 1/8” prefolded card.
Products used in making this card were:
- Stamps: PSX sunflower stamps K025 and K3135
- Stencils: Layering Moni Stencils Set 5 (“Rays”)
- Papers: Authentique 6 x 6 “Classique: Beauty” (BEA016) and “Collection: Favorite” (FAC010); Maja Designs 6x6 “Vintage Spring Basics”; The Paper Studio Value Pack "white"; scrap white card
- Inks: Distress Inks “Fossilized Amber”, “Hickory Smoke”, “Black Soot” and “Old Paper”; Distress Markers “Squeezed Lemonade”, “Mustard Seed”, “Wild Honey”, “Fossilized Amber”; “Gathered Twigs”, and :Antique Linen”; Marvy Uchida Fine Line “Liquid Gold”
- Embellishments: Kreinik Very Fine Braid #08 (002)
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle tape”, Ranger Collage Glue Stick, EK Tools 3-D Foam Dots