I took a white tag and, using Cracked Pistachio, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo inks, I created an inky background. I blended the edges with Vintage Photo and then took a "scrap" courtyard trelliis (it had generated the blue in the photo above), I sponged Vintage Photo ink through it as if it were a stencil. Using that same "stencil" as a template, I randomly placed different colored "stars" around the rest of the background. Then I attached the framework piece. Each star and the lattice was partially shadowed using Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Markers
Next was stamping: the image is from the Stampin' Up! "Parisian Plaza" set, stamped in India Ink Black. I then colored in the shutters with a Cracked Pistachio marker. But it needed more so Remnant Rubs ("Words") and ChitChat stickers took their place on the tag. Finally, I assembled three Hero Arts Art Flowers ("Vintage Collage") using orange brads and placed them at the top right of the Framework using dimensional foam dots. Somehow, I ribbon tie didn't fit this tag (to my eye) so I trimmed a bit from a scrap framework and glued it to the top of the tag to be a "hanger"!
The end result is tag which could be the cover of a travel journal (but I haven't decided yet):
The rules are simple:
- One must work from the book and not reveal Tim's techniques (If you don't have the book, you can get one from Tim ... there 's still time as there are ten challenges left in this series!)
- You need to link your creation to Linda's blog
- You need to visit the design team's blogs and leave comments on their interpretations.
Simple, and what you get is inspiration from the design team *and* the other entrants and all sorts of tips and tricks and ideas you can incorporated in your own work if you so wish. Also, You get to practice with all of Tim's products along the way (and we all know that practice makes perfect).
Challenge 24 is from Page 64 ("Frameworks") and is a product-specific technique. I have five of teh "Frameworks" dies so my first task was to pick one, just one, to use in this challenge. I decided on "Courtyard", mainly because it looks like a Catherdral Windows quilt to me, not becasue it's looks like it belongs in a courtyard. However, the name sent me in a totall different direction from a quilt!
First, I cut several versions of the frame and proceeded to follow Tim's instructions to the letter. It came out like this: