Here is what the design team said:
"July is when the weather here in the Midwest really starts to turn warm and muggy. This is the inspiration for our challenge to interpret the heat with using one or more of the following colors: Yellow, Red or Orange. Your challenge is to create a vintage or shabby chic project where the main color is yellow, orange or red."
I started with a watercolor background in the recommended color scheme for the challenge:
- Stamps: Idea-ology Cling Foam Stamps "Block Lower" (TH93578)
- Dies: Hero Arts Fancy Die "Forest Sunset" (D1671)
- Inks: ZIG Clear Color Markers "Carmine Red" (022), "WInt Red" (04), "Deep Scrlet" (240) and "Bright Yellow" (052); GinaK "Amalgam"; Sanford Unibazl gel pen "white"
- Papers: Ranger Watercolor Paper (ISW39532); Die Cut With A View Card Stack "Reds" (CM-012-00009); scrap of matte black card
- Adhesives: iCract "easy Tear Tape"; GInaK "Connect" glue