I received a new set of Honey Bee Stamps stamp sets, dies and stencils on Tuesday and decided to try out a couple of them. I didn't have much more than a basic plan to stamp, color and die cut images and let the card evolve:
I stamped the truck image and license plate from one set and the tree, garland and packages from a second on white layering-weight card stock and die cut with the coordinating dies (I had done four packages but one went walk-about as I was combating a spill of water on my desk top...). I fussy cut the truck to remove the white halo. I also die-cut (and then altered to fit) a bumper, rear view mirrors and tires from silver and black cardstock scraps, respectively.
After coloring the truck, trees and packages with Altenew Artist Markers, I assembled the card. I cut a slit in the truck bed and inserted tree and packages in the slit; glued the bumper mirrors and ties on the truck and adhered the completed image to a kraft card base. I heat embossed the sentiment in white and added two crimson gem for taillights
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Honey Bee "Farmhouse Tree Builder" and "Big Pick-up Truck Tailgate"; Stampers Anonymous "Christmas time 2 (CMS389)
- Dies: Honey Cuts "Farmhouse Tree Builder" (HBDS-290) and "Big Pick-up Truck Tailgate" (HBDS - 284)
- Inks: GinaK Amalgam "Jet Black"; Ink on 3 Atelier "Goddess Green"; GinaK "Fresh Asparagus" and Cherry Red"; versa mark; Altenew Artist Markers "Ocean Waves" (B204), "Dusk" (B313), "Desert Night" (B227), "Bamboo" (G804), "Ruby Red" (R318), "Seaglass" (B 201) and "Colorless Blender" (0); Pigma Micron 05 "black" marker
- Embossing Powders: GinaK "Fine Detail White"
- Papers: The Paper Company "Neutral Color Sheets" (70034); The Paper Studio "kraft" card base (69720); scraps of silver mirror and matte black cardstock
- Embellishments: Darice 7mm round rhinestones "crimson" (1811-26)
- Adhesives: GInaK "Connect" glue