I started with some alcohol substrate paper (couldn't find my glossy white so I THOUGHT this would work --- it did, but not quite how I wanted it to! LOL). I used Lindy's Magical "Guten Tag Teal" and Lindy's Squirts "Loonie Toonie Teal", "Emerald Eh?" and "Banff Blue" to create a background. When I tried drying with a heat gun, the paper warped and bubbled but I figured I could make that work for me.
After the background was more or less dry, I added some opaque white texture paste through a stencil. The paste took up some of the ink colors from the background.
I had a left-over batch of green algae die-cuts and a stamped mermaid from a Hero Arts My Monthly Hero set. I embossed the mermaid tail with Lindy's "Tannenbaum Green Gold" EP and colored the mermaid's hair with Lindy's Squirt "Poutine Gold". I adhered the algae and the mermaid to the background, layered the background on black card, and then adhered the panel to a ivory pre-folded A2 notecard:
It doesn't show really well in the photo but I had coated the algae leveswith Wink of Stella Clear.
I die cut the words "by the sea" from black card and adhered them to the background:
- Stamps, dies and stencils: Hero Arts My Monthly Hero set "Mermaids" for May 2017
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Vacation Words: Script" (661288)
- Inks" Lindy's Gang Magicals "Guten Tag Teal"; Linday's Gang Squirts "Poutine Gold", "Loonie Toonie Teal", "Emerald Eh?", and "Banff Blue"; Ranger Emboss It pen; Wink of Stella "Clear" (GL999); Archival "Jet Black"
- Embossing Powders: Lindy's Gang "Tannenbaum Green Gold"
- Papers: ParkLane Paperie A2 notecard "ivory" (15919590); scraps of black, Neena Solar White, and various shades of green card; Ranger Alcohol Ink Substrate (TAC45793)
- Embellishments: Neat & Tangled sequin mix
- Media: Ranger Texure Paste "Opage Matte" (INK44444)
- Adhesives: GInaK "Connect" glue; iCraft "Easy Tear Tape"; Xyron 250 sticker maker
I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge for June 2019: #SSSIGChallenge