Hever, one style of die, required for Day 1 - Holiday Backgrounds, a cover plate die, did arrive in the mail on the last day of class and so I decided to do a remake of that card...
Day One: October 9, 2017 - Holiday Backgrounds
Cover Plate Die Backgrounds
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits “Vintage Tidiings” (661605); Neat & Tangled “Graduated Stripes Cover Plate”
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Iced Spruce”, “Peeled Paint”, “Cracked Pistachio”; Wink of Stella brush “Silver” (102)
- Papers: white and Stamping’ Up! “forest Green” (102365)
- Adhesives: RedLin 1/8” Embossing Tape; Xyron 500; Ranger Collage Glue Stick
I also tried two of the techniques for Day 4...
Background Die Gate Fold Card
The technique was demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire and ,white I messed up the measurements about half-way through (and used the wrong embossing powder --- a pearl white which is more transclucent than I wanted), I think it worked out rather well.
- Stamps: PSX “Good Will…” (C-3031); Stampers Anonymous “Great Outdoors” (CMS321)
- Dies: Neat & Tangled “Falling Circles Cover Plate” (NAT322)
- Inks: Versamark
- Embossing Powders: WOW! “White Pearl Super Fine” (WE10SF)
- Papers: White and Stamping’ Up! “Forest Green” (102365); scrap of “kraft”
- Embellishments: Offray Ribbon “Poly Fleur White” (5842)
- Tools: EK Success 1 1/4” circle punch
- Adhesives: Redline 1/8” Embossing Tape
Die Cut Camoflauge
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous “Swirly Snowflakes” (CMS319), “Mini Swirly Snowflakes” (CMS320), and “Great Outdoors “(CMS321); PSX “snowflakes” (B-346)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits “Vintage Tidings” (661605)
- Inks: Distress Inks “Blueprint Sketch” and “Broken China”; Archival Jet Black”
- Papers: Paper Studio “white” (225359); white cardstock
- Adhesives: redLine 1/8” Embossing Tape; Distress Collage Medium
I really enjoy Online Card Classes and recommend them to everyone. More often than not, I never post to the class while it is active but I love that, once enrolled, the class is available online forever, and, if crafting near a completer is impossible, has downloadable pdfs for each lesson.