"How often do you create something just for you that makes your heart sing? Doesn't it feel great when you do! My challenge to you is to make a vintage or shabby chic piece of art, be it a journal page, a tag, a card, a home decor project etc, that fills you with happiness and makes you smile - don't forget to tell us why you love it so much."
That is their challenge for May 8, 2019.
What I love about paper crafting is the technique. I don't usually make decor items as there really isn't any place to display the in this house. And while I make a lot of cards, I rarely send any out. I make for the sake of making. What I love about the cards I make for these challenges is learning new techniques, using new materials, and watching something come together - even if it isn't exactly how i planned it in the beginning.
This card is a perfect example of this. I used a new-t-me product (a Hero Arts stencil), a favorite product (Distress Oxide Inks) in my favorite colors, and a technique based on a color blocking technique I saw in a Jennifer McGuire tutorial (even though it didn't work out the way I planned!).
I started by blending four shades of yellow Distress Oxide Inks through the stencil onto Neena Solar White cardstock.
I did a similar thing on a second piece of cardstock using four orange Distress Oxides.
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: INk03 “Lilac Dreams”
- Stencils: Hero Arts “Bold Daisy” (SA068)
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Scattered Straw”, “Squeezed Lemonade”, “Mustard Seed”, “Fossilized Amber”, “Carved Pumpkin”, “Spiced Marmalade”, “Wild Honey” and “Rusty Hinge”; GinaK “Amalgam”; Pigma Micron pen “black”
- Papers: Neena Solar White; ParkLane Paperie A2 notecard “ivory”; scrap of mustard card
- Adhesives: iCreate “Easy Tear Tape”; GInaK “Connect” glue