I don't have nearly as many dog stamps as I do cat stamps (being a cat person, you see). But I do have a few... the Crazy Dogs and the Mini-Crazy Dogs among them. But I wanted my "crazy dog" to have a message and so I decided to have him/her daydreaming about a famous ancestor, wishing he could be more like him. The ancestor? Barks Marvin, the Crime-solving Dog!
I started with a portrait of Barks which, when framed in ornate gold, is to be hung in the parlor. Little "crazy" sits below his ancestor's portrait, with his leash and his food dish, imagining what life would be like if he were only ...
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous "Barks Marvin: Crime-Solving Dog" (designed by Brett Weldele, BWC012) and "Mini Cats & Dogs" (CMS272)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Mini Crazy Cats & Dogs" (661584) and "Stitched Ovals" (661188)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers Walnut Stain", "Antique Linen"; "Fossilized Amber"; "Tea Dye"; Aged Mahogany", Hickory Smoke"; Festive Berries", and "Picket Fence"
- Papers: Paper Studio Cards "kraft" (687201); S.E.I. 8.5 x 11 paper pack "Holiday Traditions" (8-7690); scraps of white, gold and kraft card
- Embellishments: Idea-ology "Small Talk" (TH93193)
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick; redLine 1/8" Embossing Tape