Now I know that, somewhere in my stash, is a stamp set that features insects with gears as a portion of their anatomy. Or at least I THINK there is one in my stash --- I know that I have seen these stamps somewhere*. But I searched every cling stamp I have yesterday and never found them. Maybe I had them in my shopping cart and then abandoned them before checkout. Anyway...
While searching, I found a lot of gear stamps, and one texture plate (intended for making resin molds) which I had purchased by mistake. I thought: "Self, why not try to use that texture plate as a stamp?" So I laid it texture side up on my work sheet, inked it up, placed a card on top and pressed the card into to get the ink to transfer. Not perfect but... maybe a passable background?
- Stamps: Deep Red “Gears Background” (3x504230) and “Steampunk Gears” (3x504244); Stampers Anonymous “The Professor” (CMS373); Ranger Melt Art Texture Plate "Graphic Gears" (SUT37927)
- Inks: Distress Oxide “Hickory Smoke”; Distress Ink “Vintage Photo”; GInaK Amalgam “Jet Black”; Versamark; Sanford UniBall gel pen “gold”; Pigma Micron 05 pen “black”; Distress Crayon “Antiqued Bronze”
- Embossing Powders: GInaK “Fine Detail Silver”
- Papers: The Paper Studio A2 notecard “Ivory” (225219); Neena Solar White
- Embellishments: Idea-ology “Quote Chips” (TH93563) and “Clipping Stickers - Halloween” (TH93619)
- Adhesives: iCraft “Easy Tear Tape; Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares; GInaK “Connect” glue
*Edited to add I did a search. It was a Stamperia stamp, or maybe more than one. Clearly, I didn't buy it/them!