"Have you ever made something that you wish you could do over? Perhaps it was a technique you tried and didn't get the results you were hoping for. Maybe you didn't have just the right product you wanted to make your project just perfect. Or maybe a friend asked you to make something like it for them. Now's your chance for a do-over. Choose one of your own posted vintage or shabby chic projects and do it over with a bit of a twist. Be sure to link back to the post of the project you are making over and tell us why you wanted to do it a second time and what's different about it this time. We like to see your entry be in the vintage or shabby chic style we prefer."
Well OK then. Back in May of the year I posted a card that I made based on a Jennifer McGuire tutorial even though it didn't work out the way I planned!
1. The first thing that went "wrong" was that I inked two pieces of card stock instead of following Jennifer's lead and using one and cutting it before I inked the pieces.
2. The second thing that went wrong was that the four shades of ink I used on each piece to make an ombre image weren't different enough to really show up on either piece of cardstock.
3. The third thing that went wrong was that, when using a paper trimmer to cut these backgrounds into varying sized pieces, I found that the two cards weren't exactly the same size (they were roughly 1/8 off in length) and, while cutting, I lost track of what to cut where!
4. And finally, attempting to keep them in order became a shell game at best so that, when applied to a card base, they did not show continuity from block to block. Let's just say that Mike Holmes may have good advice on laying patterned floor tiles but don't ask ME to help make them match! For some reason, I simply could not see which piece went where! So I just placed pieces randomly, hoping that the sentiment strip would hide the fact that this was NOT the same effect the Jennifer McGuire was demonstrating.
Oh heck, what can I say it's TOTALLY different! LOL
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Hero Arts/GinaK collaboration set for the 45th Anniversary of Hero Arts "Friendship Blooms" (PR101)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide Inks "Picked Raspberry", "Squeezed Lemonade", Twisted Citron", "Tumbled Glass". and "Shaded Lilac"; GinaK "Amalgam" Jet black
- Embossing Powders: GinaK "Fine Detail White"
- Papers: Ranger Watercolor Paper (ISW39532); ParkLane Paperie A2 notecard "ivory" (15919590)
- Adhesives: iCraft "East Tear Tape"