"Christmas will soon be here and we thought it would be nice to dedicate a challenge to think about gifts. Handmade gifts are always well received, so maybe you would like to make someone something special, or you can make something to be used for the wrapping, tag, bag, box, paper etc."
white Frilly & Funky, on November 21, 2018 said:
"I know at this time of the year, we are all VERY busy cooking and shopping. There's never a spare moment and we often neglect our crafting passion. However, if you are like me, crafting is so gratifying, and is a much needed activity that feeds and renews our soul.
"Because it's that time of the year when we're all thinking about the perfect gift for our friends and families, let's combine our crafting passion with our "to do" list by creating a vintage or shabby chic gift for a special someone in your life. Your gift could be as simple as a handmade card or tag, or an elaborate piece of home decor. Maybe you like to place your gifts in handmade boxes? Your imagination is the only limit on this challenge!"
As a general rule, I don't make gift packaging, tags, home decor tags for Christmas, and, as I said in the precious post, I am pretty much DONE with making Christmas cards! However, I was watching one of Tim Holtz' Holiday Hack videos where he made some tags using the latest Side-Order dies and I thought I'd tackle some of those.
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "watercolor Trees' (CMS317)
- Dies: Sizzix Side-Order "Noel" (663112)
- Inks: Versamark; Pigma MIcron #1 Archival Pen "black"
- Embossing Powders: UpTown "detail gold"; JoAnn CraftEssentials "black"; and "Stampendous "detail white" (47788)
- Papers: 4" x 2.25" inch kraft tags in three shades; Marco's Place "ATC Blanks" in four colors; scrap of pink cardstock
- Embellishments: red satin ribbon
- Adhesives: Sizzix Adhesive Sheets (663051)
I'm also entering these tags in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, November 28, 2018: Anything Goes