I had a heavyweight Distress Tag in my stash of tags that had been coated with opaque white gesso. I decide to experiment with blending four Distress Oxide inks ("Dried Marigold", "Spiced Marmalade", "Rusty Hinge" and "Twisted Citron") over the gessoed surface:
- I cut out a photobooth photo and layered with with an Idea-ology deco frame.
- I tried stamping a sentiment on the background but it smeared so I pulled two scalloped circles from my leftovers, blended on each (Distress Ink "Spiced Marmalade" on one and "Distress Ink' Candied Apple" on the other) and tempted my sentiment on the "Spiced Marmalade Circle.
- I layered that circle on the "Candied Apple one, slightly offset, and attached it the the tag, covering the failed-and-smeared sentiment on the background
- My final touch was a length of died crinkle ribbon from a freebie envelope from a Funkie Junkie order:
Products used in the making of this tag:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Ornate Background (SSS101763); Stampers Anonymous “Life’s Possibilities”
- Dies: Spellbinders “Snip It Flowers” (DOMAPG-SEP19); scalloped circle (maker unknown)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Mini Layering Stencil “set 42” (THMS 127 and THMS 128)
- Inks: Distress Oxide Inks “Dried Marigold”, “Spiced Marmalade”, “Rusty Hinge”, “Twisted Citron”, and Candied Apple”; Distress Ink “Spiced Marmalade” and “Candied Apple”; GinaK “Amalgam” hey black
- Papers: Distress Tags - heavyweight (TDA53828); scraps of yellow, orange and red cardstock; copy paper
- Embellishments: Hero Arts Crystal Gemsotnes “Clear Mixed” (CH156); Rainbow Tape; Idea-ology “Adornments - Deco Frames” (TH93792) and “Photo Booth” (TH93207); crinkled ribbon died with yellow spray
- Media: Liquitex Opaque Matte Gesso
- Adhesives: GinaL “Connect” glue
I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, September 11, 2019: Bling It On!