I’ve been playing around with embossing of various types and decided to prepare an experiment in embossing to this challenge.
First of all, I took scrap piece of metallic card-stock, ran it through my Cutlebug with an Alternations “Gears” embossing folder,
Next, I lightly penciling in an oval on a piece of white card, stamped two Deep Red “gears” stamps in Versamark around that oval and heat embossed with detail silver embossing powder. I then cut out the oval…
I selected a gentleman “inventor” from the original Found relatives packet and trimmed him of his background. I place the gentleman on the “industrial” gears background using foam dots, then positioned the stamped oval over the background (again using foam dots) and then layered the entire construct on a refolded white card.
Finally, I cut apart and applied a Small Talk sticker as a sentiment and spritzed the card from using a Distress Marker and the Tim Holtz spritzer:
- Stamps: Deep read “Steampunk Gears” (3x 5o4244) and “Gears Background” (3x 504230)
- Inks: Distress Ink “Black Soot; Distress Paint “Black Soot”< distress Marker” Hickory Smoke”; Versamark; Shimmer Spritz “Sparkle”
- Embossing Folders: Alterations “Blueprint & Gears” set (658580)
- Embossing Powder: Up Town detail Silver
- Embellishments: “Found relatives” TH93121; Small Talk stickers TH93193
- Papers: Scrap white and metallic silver; refolded white card
- Adhesives: EK Tool 3-D foam dots; Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegas