I layered gold cardstock and swirly dot black paper on a precut white card. I cut a mask of the leaf and used the background to protect the background on my embossed layered leaf. I then painted the leaf with Distress Paints and water, in a water color technique which I find gives subtle, almost realistic color. I then swapped out the background mask for a butterfly mask and colored select stripes on the background of the leaf with the "Stripes" layered stancil, Distress Markers and a gold pen. I stamped a message panel on beige cardstock with India Ink Black and antiqued the panel with Distress Ink (Antique Linen). Using Glue & Seal, I attached the finished leaf panel leaf to the layered card background, and using foam dots, I attached the word panel.
Products used were:
- Layered Stencil THS004 (Stripes)
- Layered leaf die and embossing folder set
- Stamp: Hero Arts C3039 "Autumn"
- Distress Paint: Old Paper, Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold and Fired Brick
- Distress Markers: Picket Fence, Black Soot, Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge
- Distress Ink: Antique Linen
- India Ink Black
- Marvy Uchida Liquid Gold Pen