I did a blog hop yesterday and saw a card that really intrigued me. I tried to come up with something similar (different colors, different stamps). but I didn’t have a photo of the card at hand* when I started stamping so I just winged it….
I started with an image in Archival “Jet Black” on Ranger’s Speciality Stamping Paper, cut to size. I then makes off a white tag, blended “Abandoned Coral” and “Carved Pumpkin” Distress Inks onto it and them removing the mask, stamped the same image on the tag as on the card.After I attached a word band and some satin ribbon to the tag, I mounted it on the card, aligning it with the image on the card, using glue dots so it was raised slightly off the card:
- Stamps: Close to My Heart “Lovely Daisy” (C1264)
- Papers: Ranger Speciality Stamping Paper, Paper Reflections Medium tag (white)
- Inks: Distress Inks “Abandoned Coral” and “Carved Pumpkin”; Archival “Jet Black”
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Word Bands (TH 93000); Affray 1/8” sating ribbon in orange
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape; Pop Up Gluedots
P.S. I tried this with the MISTI and it didn’t work. I suspect the stamps were at fault since they tended to stick more strongly to the papers than to the MISTI cover itself, moving the papers (and once, tearing the speciality stamping paper!) even against the MISTI’s strong magnets. I couldn’t get a clear or complete image. So after several tries, I abandoned the MISTI and went back to my trusty acrylic block and foam stamping pad.