For some reason, this piece didn't turn out as originally planned. It somehow morphed over the last few days into this tag, partly as a result of several steps not working out how originally planned. This is something new for me which I believe is resulting from participating on the challenge. I used to start a project with all my product and tools at the ready for a design I already had conceived in my brain and went from there. In the CC3C, I'm finding that when I start with a technique, things tend to go sideways and off on a tangent from whatever design I may have had in mind. I hope this is a good thing as it will help me "embrace imperfections" and let the design process flow more freely.
At any rate, I covered the aspects that didn't quite work and changed direction. what resulted is this tag with color crackle flowers:
Products used, in no particular order were:
- Distress Paints: Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Forest Moss
- Crackle Paint: Clear Rock Candy
- Distress Spray: Peeled Paint
- Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
- Distress Markers: Walnut Stain, Forest Moss
- Other Inks: StazOn Forest Green, India Ink Black, Versamark
- Papers: Bazill pale olive green, 6x6 Collage Mini Stash
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick, Multi Medium Matte, Glossy Accents
- Embossing Powder: Creative Beginnings Clear
- Gemstones: Darice Finishing Accents, Creative Craft Gems
- and 8 precut chipboard flowers...
Tools used were
- Stamps: Dylusions Doodle Parts DYR 34582, Seaside Stampin' Inc sentiment
- Tim Holtz stencil THS019 Lattice Work
- Tim Holtz Distres Spritzer
- Frameworks Alterations "Lattice"