Well, I HATE photos of myself. Possibly because they show me what I REALLY look like instead of how the inside of me feels I SHOULD look like. After all, 73 actual years is a long long way from feeling more like I did when I was 20-something, or even 30-something! Anyway, there are a total of three pictures of me from the camera roll of our last “vacation”, a cruise to Tahiti. I selected one: me at breakfast on the cruise ship between islands! I planned to trim this photo to fit...
OK, I have a photo but what can I put it in/on that feels suitable. Not a card… Not a tag…Not a scrapbook layout (I don’t do scrapbooking). How about a travel journal? As a rule, I also don’t do bulky altered things (no place to store them) but I had this little chipboard binder, origin unknown, in my stash:
i selected a piece of “Well Traveled” for the cover background and “Cityscapes” for fussy cutting. I held a sheet of Cityscapes stickers in reserve for later.
I used Multi Matte Medium to adhere the “Well Traveled" sheet to the notebook cover. When dry, I trimmed it to fit, and added a strip of Idea-ology Tissue Tape at the spine to secure the edge (Later I may create a spine cover and maybe even a back cover for this little binder, but right now, I'm leaving it as is),
- Papers: Graphic 45 Cityscapes 8x8 Collection (“Well Traveled” and “Cityscapes” papers) and Cityscapes sticker sheet; Authentique 6 x 6 Collation “Aborad (ABR014); Carta Bella “Old World Travel” Ephemera die cuts; Printer paper and scrap white card
- Inks: Distress Inks “Abandoned Coral”, “Blueprint Sketch”, “Picket Fence”, “Fired Brick”, “Stormy Sky”, “Old Paper” and “Aged Mahogany”; Versamark; Liquitext Acrylic Gesso
- Embossing Powder: Creative Beginnings “Clear”
- Ephemera: Idea-ology Tissue Tape “Commute” (TH93019); Maya Toad “Gingham Blossoms” (Brown/sage TH 1227); JoAnn’s Chipboard Pack (45327)
- Adhesives: Multi Medium Matte; Glossy Accents; EK Tools 3-D foam dots; Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”