First I cut a card using a layering stencil as a template and then, using that same layering stencil, a blending tool, and Distress Inks, inked a background on my card.
I trimmed a piece of white card previously colored with Ken Oliver Color Burst pigments and a sprite or two of water. After letting the card dry, I stamped (with Versamark) the two butterflies from Altenew's "Bejeweled" set. I heat embossed the butterflies with fine gold embossing powder and cur them out with the matching "Bejeweled" die set. I folded the wings up from the bodies and attached them to the card from with a thin strip of double-sided tape on the bodies of the butterflies (you can't see it in this photo but the butterfly wings are elevated).
Finally, using Distress Markers, I inked a sentiment stamp from the same set in coordinating colors and stamped it on the card..
- Papers: The Paper Studio Value Pack "white"
- Stencils: Layering Stencil "WIldflowers" (THS035)
- Stamps and dies: Altenew "Bejeweled" sets
- Embossing Powder: UpTOwn "Gold Detail"
- Inks: Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders "Burnt Orange", "Yellow Ochre", "Lemon Yellow", "Orange"; Distress Inks "Lucky Clover", "Abandoned Coral"; Distress Markers "Lucky Clover", "Abandoned Coral", "Squeezed Lemonade", "Dried Marigold" and "Shabby Shutters"
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"