- Inks: Lindy’s Gang Starburst Sprays “Bachelor Button Blue” and “Shabby Turbine Teal”; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Lindys’ Gang Embossing Powders Cosmic Pink Blue", "Venus Violet Blue" and “Orbit Olive Gold”
- Papers: JoAnn Chipboard Pack (45327); Creative Embellishments chipboard flourish; Graphic 45 Regular Ivory Tag (4501221)
- Embellishments: Oliver Twists “Tidbits” threads; Memory Box Pearl Stickers “white”
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso “white”; Ranger Texture Paste (INK44444)
- Adhesives: Wendy Vecchi “Perfect Card Adjhesive” (WVA62134)
Lindy's Gang has issued a challenge for July, 2018 using the following color palette:
I set about this challenge by gessoing some chipboard pieces and heat embossing them. A frame was embossed with Lindy's Gang "Cosmic Pink Blue" and "Venus Violet Blue" embossing powders.
and a leafy spray/flourish was embossed with Lindy's Gang “Orbit Olive Gold” embossing powder:
I layered the two chipboard pieces together, put a weight on them and let them dry overnight:
I took an ivory tag, spread some texture paste on it randomly and let it dry overnight as well. The next day, I spritzed it with two Starburst Sprays: “Bachelor Button Blue” and “Shabby Turbine Teal”:
I lightly smeared a Versamark pad over the raised areas and embossed them with "Venus Violet Blue"
I repeated the Versamark "swipe", this time heat embossing with “Orbit Olive Gold” (doesn't show up real well in the following photo):
Assembly included tangles of two gold fibers from Olivers' Twists:
and a few scattered pearl stickers:
A picture from a different angle shows the shimmer from the "Orbit Olive Gold” (I find it interesting how different the same embossing powder appears over white gesso and blue starburst sprays!):
Products used in the making of this tag were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017