- Stamps: Essentials by Ellen “Bokeh Dots by Julie” (ESTJ -002-14); Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit August 2017
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Squeezed Lemonade”, “Warm Lipstick”, Wilted Violet”, “Bundled Sage”, and “Black Soot”; Distress Ink “Black Soot”; Distress Marker “Picket Fence”; Hero Arts “Unicorn”; Signo Uniball “white” gel pen; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Top Boss “white”
- Papers: Ranger Watercolor Paper (ISW39532); pre-folded notecard “purple”
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8” Embossing Tape
The Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge for May 2018 was to use the Pantone Floral Fantasy color palette and/or three photographs in that palette for an inspiration for a card using an Essentials by Ellen product.
I went with four colors in the palette and the Aurora Borealis photo as my inspiration. I started by making a "galaxy background" blending Distress Oxide Inks, edging with Distress Ink and spritzing with a "Picket Fence" Distress Marker:
I stamped three "circles" and a collection of dots from the Essentials by Ellen stamp set "Bokeh Dots" in Hero Arts "Unicorn" Pigment Ink - circles which were meant to represent spiraling galaxies or planets or star clusters or ...
Since the circles faded slightly when dried, taking up some of the background color, I doodled on them with a Signo Uniball white gel pen and a Wink of Stella "Silver" brush... I also added a few gel pen dots in the background for more prominent stars. I added a sentiment and some stars from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero set of August 2017, stamping in Versamark and heat embossing in white:
I trimmed the card to fit and mounted it on a prefolded purple notecard:
Products used in the making of this card were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017
for my entry in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge, August 14, 2019 "Let’s Do It Again"
Online Card Classes