I used Tim’s technique to create a mono-printed background in ink on a large tag. I used the “Clockwork” Stencil and Distress Inks (“Stormy Sky”, “Fired Brick” and “Chipped Sapphire”) to create the monoprint as per the instructions in the book. I then “distressed” the tag by blending in the background with “Antique Linen”, “Tumbled Glass” and “Iced Spruce” Distress Inks:
Since the clockwork stencil consisted of “circles”, I decided to go with interlocking “circles” in Archival “Jet Black” Ink and “Vintage Photo” Distress Ink. The stamps I used were “Steampunk Gears” and “Gears Background” by Deep Red (3x504244 and 3x504230, respectively), and “Word Flower Power” by My Sentiments Exactly (TT247). I then added a compass face and indicator arrow and four “mini-Gears” ( the latter being from the TH93012 Idea-ology collection; not sure about the source of the compass and arrow — they were part of a kit with the label long since lost). A brass-colored grosgrain ribbon and the tag is complete:
The rules are simple:
• One must work from the book and not reveal Tim's techniques
• You need to link your creation to Linda's blog
• You need to visit the design team's blogs and leave comments on their interpretations.
Product used in this tag's creation were:
- Stencil: "Clockwork" (THS013)
- Stamps: Deep Red "Steampunk Gears" (3x504244) and "Gears Background" (3x504230); My Sentiments Exactly "Word Flower Power" (TT247))
- Distress Inks: "Stormy Sky", "Fired Brick", "Chipped Sapphire", "Antique Linen", "Tumbled Glass", "Iced Spruce", "Vintage Photo"
- Archival Ink "Jet Black"
- Embellishments: Idea-ology "Mini Gears" (TH93012), compass face and spinner