Those are the instructions of the design team at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday for the Challenge for April 10, 2019.
Back in 2017, I played around with different background techniques and two of the backgrounds I made were based on "Watercolor Imprint", a technique demonstrated by Dina Kowal at SplitCoastStampers using Distress Oxides and stencils:
I started by die-cutting two houses from the pink card as well as scraps of gold metallic, white, black, red, brown, and rust cardstock. I cut, pasted and layered to "build" the following buildings:
- Dies: Hero Arts Fancy Dies “European Village” (D1631); Sizzix Thinlits “Vacation Words: script” (6761288)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencils “Flourish” (THS032) and “Splash” (THS080)
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Worn Lipstick”, “Fired Brick”, “Broken China”, “Salty Ocean”, and “Faded Jeans”; Distress Markers “Tumbled Glass” and Fired Brick”; Signo Uniball gel pen “white”; Sanford Uniball gel pen “silver”
- Papers: ParkLane A2 notecard “ivory" (15919590); Neena Solar white; scraps of rust, brown, black, metallic gold, red and white cardstocks; Simon Says Stamp Glitter Paper (10407)
- Adhesives: GinaK “Connect” glue; Xyron 250 sticker maker; iCreate “Easy Tear Tape”