On this one, I went with all three suggestions... more (watercoloring and sashing) or less (a sea-side scene is implied)!
First, I made a background using Distress Oxide Inks and Distress Ink on a mixed media tag. Water was used to activate the Distress Oxide Inks before pulling the tag through them. And after blending some Distress Ink around the edges, I "spritzed" the tag with water, let it sit for a few minutes before blotting it, and then heating it to form water spots.
- Stamps: CJ Stamping "Large Lighthouse" (0403-H)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Oxides "Cracked Pistachio", "Broken China" and "Faded Jeans"; Distress Ink "Mermaid Lagoon"; Distress Markers "Fired Brick", "Pumice Stone", "Walnut Stain", "Peeled Paint", "Scattered Straw" and "Faded Jeans"
- Dies: Stampers Anonymous Thinlit "Vacation Words - Script" (661288)
- Papers: Distress #8 Tag (TDA53828); scraps of white, light aqua and dark aqua card; Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"
- Embellishments: Crinkle ribbon (a pre-dyed freebie from Funky Junkie Boutique); rhinestones and silver charm (makers unknown)
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape; Xyron 250; Glossy Accents