In the latest issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft (Issue 168, April 2017), there is a section call KnowHow and part of it showcases a technique called Split Negative Stamping (pages 21-22).I thought I'd try this technique, using a different color scheme and stamp set (although I did use one of the cover freebie papers that came with that issue).
My first step was to stamp a flower in versa mark, heat-embossed in white on yellow card and the same flower in yellow on white card:
- Stamps: Altenew "Spring Daisies"
- Inks: Distress Oxide "Fossilized Amber"; Cersamark
- Embossing Powder: Top Boss "white"
- Papers: white and yellow card stock, printed "doily" card stock (designer Jennifer Ellory for Cardmaking & Papercrat); paper doily
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"