Well, now, how about that! I have been playing around the past week, making a background on cardboard (the back of one of those free notepads you get so often in the mail with charitable solicitations). I follow Lindy’s Stamp Gang and, while normally the projects featured there are way beyond my little creative box (besides, I have very few of their product and what I do have, I have never tried! GASP!), I had seen a post where one of their design team had demonstrated a mixed media background, step-by-step. I decided to see if I could make something similar but using different products. I also skipped at least two steps and got a third out of order (oops!) but I sort of liked what I came up with and decided to use it as the base for a card.
Here is how I went about making this card.
First, I took the notepad backing and coated it with gesso tinted with “Abandoned Coral” Distress Ink reinker and, when that was dry, applied Wendy Vecchi’s Crackled texture Paste tinted with “Fossilized Amber” Distress Ink reinker. I let it dry overnight:
- Stamps: Art Impressions T-2022 and Judikins 2400-J
- Inks: Reinkers for “Abandoned Coral” and “Fossilized Amber” Distress Inks; “Festive Berry” Distress Spray; Versamark
- Paints: “Twisted Citrus” Distress Paint
- Media” Liquitex Acrylic Gesso and Wendy Vecchi “Crackled Texture Paste”
- Embossing Powders: Top Boss “Gold” and Personal Stamp Exhacnge “Claret Tapestry”
- Embellishments: Hot Off The Press “Citrus Creative” Kit; Idea-ology Word Band; Darice Craft Ribbon “Orange”; miscellaneous fabric flower parts (maker unknown)
- Adhesives: Ranger Glossy Accent and red-line tape.