First, I tried making a background with two "circle" layering stencils: the "Mosaic" (TH084) and the "Dot Grid" (TH083). I blended Distress Inks through the Mosaic stencil on two-thirds of the front of a pre-folded card. Once it dried, I blended the Dot Grid and Black Soot Distress Ink over the mosaics. It resulted in a series of black dots on a rainbow background, with the mosaic pattern totally disappearing...
I added strips of scrap yellow and black card to the part of the card which wasn't covered by the stencil and then trimmed with some Idea-ology design tape.
I then stamped Altenew "Adore You" blossoms and leaves with Distress Oxide inks on yellow and olive green card. I then fussy-cut the leaves and flowers and touched up the flower centers using a Distress Marker. I arranged the flowers and leaves in a swag along the left and bottom of the card.
I stamped a sentiment from the Adore You set in Archival "Jet Black" and in Distress Oxide "Fossilized Amber".
The card looks like this:
- Stamps: Altenew "Adore You" set
- Stencils: Layering Stencils "Mosaic" (TH084) and "Dot Grid" (TH083)
- Inks: Distress Inks "Mustard Seed", "Cracked Pstachio", "Salty Ocean", and "Wilted Violet", "Black Soot"; Distress Oxides "Fossilized Amber" and "Peeled Paint"; Distress Marker "Criushed Olive"; Archival "Jet Black"
- Papers: Paper Flair by Hot Off The Press pre-folded card "ivory", scraps of yellow, olive and black cardstock
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Design Tape "Rose" (THS93354)
- Adhesives: viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"