- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous our “Mini Purely Random” (CSS27843)
- Stencils: Simon Says Stamp “Folk Dance” (SSST121413)
- Inks: Lindy’s Gang Starburst Spray "Magnolia Magenta Gold", Shaker Magical "California Poppy Gold"; Versamark; Archival “Jet Black”; Distress Marker “Picked Raspberry”; Marvy Uchica Fine Line “Liquid Gold” pen
- Embossing Powders: Lindy’s Gang "Poppin' Pink"”, “Aurora Amethyst", "Sunset Yellow Orange” and ““Venus Violet Blue”
- Papers: Distress Heavyweight Tag (TDA53828)
- Embellishments: Hobby Lobby “Ivory” lace trim; BoBunny Chipboard “Butterfly” (12815839); Creative Embellishments chipboard flourish; Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Mat Minis “Tiny Butterflies” (WVMM010)US ArtQuest Mini Prills (ANC801); Idea-ology “Small Talk - Occasions” (TH93245); Hero Arts 3mm Gemstones (CH1123)
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso “white”; Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte
- Adhesives: Distress Collage Medium Matte; redLine 1/8” Embossing Tape
The Lindy's Stamp Gang color palette challenge for May 2018 is as follows:
I started with a tag for my background and after application of gesso and texture paste, I sprayed it with "Magnolia Magenta Gold", sprinkled a little "California Poppy Gold" magicals adn then heat embossed some "Poppin' Pink" and "Aurora Amethyst" embossing powders:
I tried a little overstepping in Archival "Jet Black":
I sprayed some ivory lace with "Magnolia Magenta Gold" several times and applied it to the top of teh tag with embossing tape:
I gessoed two chipboard pieces - a flourish and a butterfly. I then heat embossed the flourish with "Poppin' Pink" , "Aurora Amethyst", and “Venus Violet Blue” and the buttefly with "Sunset Yellow Orange” embossing powders. I attached these chipboards with liquid adhesive. I also dyed some pills with "Magnolia Magenta Gold" and adhered when with texture paste...
I trimmed the lace to the shape of teh tag and applied some magenta "gems" to it:
It needed more so I heat embossed to mini butterflies with "Sunset Yellow Orange”, colored a sentiment sticker with Distress Marker and a gold pen, and added some gold to the prills. There is also a magenta gem as the head of the large butterfly.
Products used in the making of this tag were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017
for my entry in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge, August 14, 2019 "Let’s Do It Again"
Online Card Classes