- Stamps: Altenew "Spring Daisy"
- Dies: Altenew "Spring Daisy"
- Inks: Altenew Crisp Dye Inks "Paper Bag", "Butter Cream" and "Frayed Leaf"; Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Twisted Citron", "Mowed Lawn" and "Scattered Straw"
- Papers: Bazzill red, shimmer orange and white scraps; Authentique "Classique: Beauty" (BEA016)
- Adhesives: Xyron 5500 sticker maker; Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"
Altenew has posted a new photograph and color palette for their March 2017 challenge:
I placed my emphasis on the three colors in the palette and created a card base card stock (red and shimmer orange) and patterned paper (yellow):
My next step was to stamp a selection of blooms, stems and leaves from the "Spring Daisy" stamp set and Altenew Crisp Dye inks. I then enhanced inks on leaves, stems and buds using Distress Markers to create a watercolor effect; and ran the images through my Xyron 500 sticker maker. I then die cut using the "Spring Daisy" coordinating die set (fussy cut the one leaf that did not have a die) and arranged the flowers on the card. Finally, using Archival "Jet Black" ink and a sentiment from the Spring Diasy set, I completed my card:
Products used in the making of this card were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017