I searched my crazy quilt stash for laces, lacy trims and the like and decided on an ivory-and-black theme.
I started by layering a band of lace, a strip of crocheted edging and black grosgrain ribbon on black card stock.I attached a black patterned organza ribbon to a scrap of Neena Solar White. I then attached the black card to the white scrap and covered the seam with a strip of ivory grosgrain ribbon. I added some glittery grey/ivory flowers to the mix (after trimming off their green leaves):
- Stamps: Altenew “Birds of a Feather” (ALT2051)
- Inks: Versamark
- Embossing Powders: WOW! “Oyster Glintz” (WU03R)
- Papers: Neena Solar White; scrap of black
- Embellishments: Hobby Lobby Decorative Trims “Ivory” crocheted lace (604439) and “Ivory” grosgrain ribbon (67862); Debs Lace (3860s433); scraps of black grosgrain ribbon and patterned black organza ribbon; Prima Marketing Prima Flowers “Salvage District (586485 and 595081); Prima Shabby Treasures (89098); Hero Arts Pearls “Midnight Black” (CH172)
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8” Embossing Tape; Scotch Brand “Magic Tape” and “Foam Layering Tape”; Ranger Wendy Vecchi “Perfect Card Adhesive” (WVA62134)