After working on the Creative Carte Blanche video inspiration for September, the song “God Only Knows” has been running through my head over and over. But since I had already made something inspired by that song/video, I didn’t want to repeat myself. Somehow, I had to drive out that ear worm and come up with another scheme.
As I was browsing the Simon Says Stamp shop web site, I ran across a Prima Marketing stamp called “Victorian” which showed a collage of music, flowers and a corset! I really liked the look of that stamp but I didn’t own it or any stamps with the images which comprised it. But I though I could CASE the “sketch”, using some of my own stash… and I came up with the following approach.
First, I trimmed and tore a piece of Authentique paper which showed a music score. I layered it on navy card, trimmed to fit a 5 x 6.5” notecard. After attaching the paper to the cardstock, I tinted some Texture Paste with “Blueprint Sketch” Distress Stain and applied it through a mini-layering stencil (“Splatters”, THMS009 from set three):
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: LaBlance #1393
- Layering Stencils: Mini-layering Stencil “Splatters” (THMS009 from Set 3)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Markers “Wild Honey” and “Old Paper”; Distress Stain “Blueprint Sketch”; Distress Ink “Blue Print Sketch”
- Embossing Powder: Top Boss “gold”
- Other media: Ranger Texture Paste
- Papers” Authentique “Freedom Collection 6 x 6 pad (FRE109); navy card and scrap white card; The Paper Studio noe cards “ivory”
- Embellishments: Prima Flowers “Salvage District” collection (586454); Idea-ology “Big Chat” stickers (TH93192)
- Adhesives: Glossy Accents, Collage Glue Stick; EK Tools foam dots; Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”