"Spring is almost here, as is St. Patrick’s Day and Easter! All of these things have a special color in common: GREEN! So we want to challenge you to make something that is bursting with this refreshing hue. Maybe make a beautiful Easter greeting, a St. Patty’s Day note of luck to a friend, or a card full of Spring florals. Whatever you make, be sure that GREEN is prominent in your design!"
I decided to try out some new dies and use some of my green scrap stash!
I started with a Hero Arts Fancy die and some pale green card which I ran through my Xyron sticker maker before cutting. I mounted resulting wreath on a glimmer green card base:
- Stamps: Making Memories Magnetic Stamp Alphabet “Express It”
- Dies: Hero Arts Fancy Dies “Bird Branch with Frame” (D1488) and “Bird & Banner” (D1487)
- Inks: Hero Arts “Pine”; Distress Marker “Pine Needles”
- Papers: Soiree A2 Card in shimmer green; scraps of pale green, grey green and patterned lime green paper
- Adhesives: Xyron 500 sticker maker; Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue