My first thought was recipes, recipes on recipe cards for foods that would be prepared for a party, and make those cards into a party invitation.
First, I stamped some recipe card forms, added some small stamped images to them and wrote in parts of real recipes. I colored the cards with InkTense pencils and distressed them with Distress Ink, a foam blending tool and a layering stencil (My real cookbooks and recipes, often get stained while used… it seemed only reasonable that some well-loved recipe cards would have splatters and drips staining them!).
I stamped some cooking utensils on scrap white card and fussy cut them.
Finally, I stamped a part invitation on a small tag and doodled some flowers and vines with Inktense pencils.
Finally, I layered the cards, tag and fussy cut pieces on a lime green rectangle and added this to the front of a refolded ivory card.
- Stamps: Stamping’ Up! “Lots of Thoughts” set, “What’s For Dinner?” set, and “Make a Wish” and “Cool!” singles (set unknown; Sunday International Dee Grueling Collection “Mini Kitchen Set” (EZSET-065)
- Stencil: Layering stencil “Splatters” (THS009)
- Inks: Archival “Jet Black”; Distress Ink “Old Paper”; InkTense pencils “Poppy Red” (0400), “Baked Earth” (1800), “Teal Green” (1300), “:Madder Brown “1920), “ Sun Yellow” (0200), “ Apple Green “ (114), “Leaf Green “ (1600), “ Deep Indigo” (1100)
- Papers: Bazzill white and scrap lime green card stock
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick; Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”; EK Tool foam dots