I love, love, love citrus colors and have quite a selection of inks, sprays and paints in that color way in my stash so I decided to go in that direction — take a subject and render it in citrus colors. And as I was searching for the subject, what kept popping to the front of my sleep-deprived brain was Kurt Vonnegut’s “A Clockwork Orange”! Well, I don’t have any stamps of oranges (at least none that I could find in my messy crafting space) but I do have clockwork on the brain, thanks to another challenge I entered last week. And while I couldn’t QUITE come up with an orange clockwork, I did manage to get some citrus colors in the background as well as on a few clocks!
May I present "A Clockwork Citrus" (with a touch of mango and persimmon!):
A selection of chipboard and wood veneer clocks and watches were distressed with watered down inks from "Twisted Citron", "Squeezed Lemonade" and "Spiced Marmalade" markers and burnished with some "Tarnished Brass". They were attached with redline tape and some were popped up with foam dots to add dimension. I added some sequins, some fabric flowers and some citrus-colored fibers from my embroidery stash to complete the tag.
Product used in this tag were:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous “#Hashtags” (CMS183)
- Dies: Sizzix 659430 (“Honeycomb”)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous “Clockwork” (THS013)
- Inks: Distress “Twisted Citron” and “Ripe Persimmon”, Hero Arts Shadow Ink “Orange Soda”
- Sprays: Distress “Twisted Citron” and Tarnished Brass”, Memories Mist “Mango Lemonande” and “Orange Juice”, Dylusions”Tangerine Dream”
- Markers: Distress” Squeezed Lemonade”, “Twisted Citron” and “Spiced Marmalade”
- Embellishments: Petaloo Botanical Mini XII (“Yellow”), Prima ChIpboards and More (“Archivist”) and Wood Icons (“Archivist), Oliver Twist Tidbits threads