"You might be experiencing summer heat but let's think cool by getting a head start on Christmas preparations. Your vintage or shabby chic creation could be a card, something to present a gift in or a decor item for the house or tree."
So the challenge for July 19, 2017 is "Christmas in July"! And a challenge it is, indeed, to get into a wintery holiday mood. It is a far cry from winter here today, with heat and humidity that reminds me more of the Deep South than NW Ohio!
I started with a rustic feel, stamping a "Pine" background on Mixed Media Cardstock with "Vintage Photo" Distress Oxide ink:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Birch & Pine" (CMS280), "Mini-Doodle Greetings" (CMS287) and "Weathered Winter" (CMS245)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide "Vintage Photo"
- Embossing Powders: WOW! "White Pearl Super Fine" (WE10SF) and "Metallic Platinum Regular" (WC06R)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Stitched Rectangles" (661189) and "Paper Snowflakes - Mini" (661599)
- Papers: Hot Off The Press Paper Flair Notecard "ivory"; Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock (ISD44628); The Paper Company "Metallic Silver " and "Metallic White" text-weight papers; scrap of textured black card
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Byron 500 Sticker Maker