I mulled over what came to my mind when I comtemplated the letter "B" and the first thing that occurred to me was the color blue. But I couldn't think of a way to make a car/tag/layout based soley on the color blue. So I fished around for more "B"-words and came up with "Beautiful". What is beautiful and also blue? Well, butterflies, but there were so many butterflies in the design team examples and the entries so far. It felt like copying. There are also Bachelor Buttons, Blue-eyed Grass, Forget-me-nots and Butterfly Bush, but I don't have any stamps that represent those flowers. So I was going to have to improvise and turn something blue that isn't naturally so.
I have this set of stamps from a decode or two ago that I have never used and one of them would suit this improvisation very nicely. It's called Daisy Scarab" (1597LL from Holly Berry Farms) so I settled on "Beautiful Blue Beetle" for my subject today:
- Cardstock: Bazill
- Stamps: Holly Berry Daisy Scarab (1597LL), Snap Stamps Mini-Formal Alphabet (00377)
- Distress Paints: Salty Ocean, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire
- Distress Markers: Black Soot, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed
- India Ink Black, Versamark
- Embossing Powder: Top Boss white