I ordered this trifold stamp set from Art Impressions and thought it would make a pretty card for just abut any "wishing-you-luck" occasion. So I pulled out some card stock, scored it and stamped the images as instructed in Archival Ink.(I used the cheap light-weight card since I was practicing and don't want to waste $!/page water color paper. Although I suspect that watercolor paper would have been a better choice. By the way - Note to Self: I need some more heavy-weight white card stock). I then set about watercoloring the images using Distress Markers. I cut around the images on the flaps using my craft knife and...
It's OK, I guess. You can see that water-coloring on this card results in major warping which is why I need a better card stock for this.
Next time, I will use real watercolors or my Inktense pencils to color the image --- the Distress Inks just resisted blending too much.
The image on the right flap appears to me to be stamped WAY too high and, while I was sure I read the instructions right (although it's entirely possible that I didn't), I suspect it should be at least an inch lower. Either that, or some sort of sentiment could be stamped in that massive white space. It's tolerable, but not what I was hoping for...
Also, I need a sharper craft blade to cut this cheap card --- it resisted me every cut of the way!
All things I can correct for if I do this again.
Products used in the making of this card:
- ArtImpressions "Tuscan TF set" (4580)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Peeled Paint, "Shabby Shutters" "Brushed Corduroy", "Broken China", "Fired Brick", "Rusty Hinge", "Pumice Stone", "Fossilized Amber", "Gathered Twigs", "Tea Dye", "Dusty Concord", and "Pine Needles"
- Papers: speckled off-white card stock
- Adhesives: Viva Las Veagas "Miracle Tape"