Well, over the past week, I ordered a stamp set from a company I had neve rheard of before, Carabelle Studio. Perhaps it's because it is a French company and the stamps from Europe are rarely sold through US shops and websites. Still, I was intrigued by the stamps and decided to order one border stamp set just to see if I liked them. And because it arrived on the same day that I was watching the chat, I determined that I would try the set out BEFORE I put it away in my stamp storage.
I selected one of the more complex border stamps and stamped it with Versamark on pink card. I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and colored the paper using Distress Ink and my blending tool. I trimmed the piece and mounted it on gold card and a white note card:
While I was waiting for the background to dry (I used a LOT of Distress Ink to get full coverage), I selected a sentiment from IndigoBlu, stamped it in the same Distress Ink on the same pink card, and used a Sizzix die (another item I haven't used before even though it's more than a year old!) to trim both the sentiment and the mats for it:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Carabelle Studio "Frises Deliantes" (SA60160); IndigoBlue "Enjoy Life" (EJ1)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Ink "Seedless Preserves"
- Dies: Sizzix "stitched rectangles" (661189)
- Embossing Powder: Creative Beginnings "clear"
- Papers: Paper Studio note cards "white"; scraps of Bazzill dark and light "pinks"; scrap of gold card
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick; Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"