I have a drawer full of stamps which are sewing themed as well as at least one embossing folder and a few dies. Naturally, the one stamp set I was looking for has gone walk-about and I couldn't come up with a way to make my embossing folder and/or dies work with what I had left. So I decided to improvise by going to my quilting stash!
I stamped an Indigo Blu sewing pattern image on some plain tissue wrap and used Multi Matte Medium to glue it to the front of a white card:
Meanwhile, I rummaged around in my crazy quilt fabric stash and found a scrap of fabric that draped nicely and had some "texture". I used a neutral thread to shape the drape, securing it at the top with a vintage "Basic Grey" button and then adhering it to the card from with Multi-Medium Matte, leaving some softness and dimension to the drape by only applying adhesive in select places.. I attached the two fussy cut images to the bottom right of the drape using more neutral thread and Multi Medium matte to anchor the fabric to the bottom of the card front, :I spun out a length of braid from the top of the spool to add some visual interest to the right side of the card.
- Stamps: Indigo Blu "Sewing Pattern" (SEW) and "In Stitches" (IS); Rubber Soul "For You"
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Pumice Stone" and "Fossilized Amber"; Pigma Micron 05 #1 Archival Ink "black"
- Papers: The Paper Studio Value Pack "white"; scrap white card; Idea-oloy Tissue Wrap "plain"
- Embellishments: scrap of fabric, Basic Grey Button "Marmalade" (fab-8012); Kreinik #8 Fine Braid "gold" (002)
- Adhesives: Multi Medium Matte, Collage Medium Vintage; Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"