Simon Says Stamp Monday wants us to "Chill Out" (January 16) while Frillie and Funkie wants "Winter Hues" (January 18). The former gives us the choice between chilly weather of "chilling out"! The latter specifies the use of the following color palette in vintage or shabby chic project.: blue, white, silver, and/or gray. The combination of these two is obvious to me --- winter in the all four colors! Where I had to think a little outside my usual box was the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, which wants "Anything But a Card" (January 18). Now if you read my blog at all, you know that cards are my usual approach to challenges (Tim Holtz's tags notwithstanding) and I'm not a fan of three-dimensional pieces as I have nowhere to put them! So I was debating tags v ATCs and casting around for an idea when it occurred to me: all those Wendy Vecchi MAT Minis I ordered had arrived. And in that order was a kit for a "Fat Little Book"! So...
Chilling Out in Winter Hues on the cover of a Fat Little Book it is!
First I colored the cover with Ken Oliver Color Burst Pigment Powders ("Ultramarine Blue").
Products used in the making of the book were:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Weathered Winter" (CM245) and "Mini Weathered Winter" (CM246)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Snowflakes Mini" (661599) and "friend" (660225)
- Inks: Ken Oliver Color Burst Pigments "Ultramarine Blue"; PSST! Sheer Shimmer Spray "Sparkle"; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: WOW! "Metallic Silver Super Fine"
- Papers/substrates: Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi MAT ninja "Fat Little Book" (WVMM08); sparkly dark grey and white card scraps, glossy white pearl card scraps
- Embellishemnts: Stampendous! Clas A'Peel Stickers "Snowflake Silver" (AC619S); Offray "White Grosgrain" and scrap blue ribbon (from a Hero Arts Monthly Hero kit)
- Adhesives: Xyron 500 Sticker Maker; Raher Collage Glue Stick
This little book was entered in the challenges from Simon Says Stamp Monday "Chill Out", Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Anything But a Card" and Frilly and Funky "Winter Hues".
PS. I seem to be in a "blue" phase --- all three cards created thus far in 2017 for Simon Says Stamp Challenges are in the same color palettes! Have to find another challenge to break out into a less chilly color mood!