I did NOT want to replicate any I had done before, even though they were not done for Simon Says Stamp Monday.
I had done fairies (September 2016) and bats (July 2015), both for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and a Frilly & Funky Challenge and a beetle (July 2016) for a Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, so these were out. And I have done numerous cards featuring butterflies and birds, so I didn't want to go there either. I have stamps for a lot of other winged "things", but was having trouble getting excited about any of them. Even though there was one card from the design team that used a dragonfly and I didn't want to "copy", I do have a lot of dragonfly-themed stamps that I rarely use, so I decided to adopt another of my Distress Oxide test backgrounds and see what I could come up with.
First, I took a Stamps Happen Inc. wood-mounted stamp and Archival Jet Black Ink and stamped my Distress Oxide background. I then trimmed the card stock to echo the shape of the elongated rectangular stamped image:
- Stamps: Stamps Happen, Inc "Dragonfly Happiness" (90383)
- Die and Embossing Folder: Sizzix Alterations "Layered Dragonfly" (659579)
- Inks: Distress Oxides "Broken China", "Faded Jeans" and "Cracked Pistachio"; Distress Markers "Picket fence", "Peacock Feathers", "Pine Needles" and "Mowed Grass"; Distress Ink "Peacock Feathers"; Archival "Jet Black"
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "white"; Distress Mixed Media Heavystock; Absolutely Everything Acetate; scraps of Stamping' Up! "Forest Green" (102365) and glimmery aqua
- Adhesives: Xyron 500 sticker maker; Viva Las Vegas "Miraacle Tape;, Scor-Tape