I had used numbers as a background for the March Creative Carte Blanche Challenge but I suspect that numbers as they were used there would not count as that special something. I decided to go a different route and use my "number" as the main point of my card. So I set out looking for a number and found a whole lot of them in Tim Holttz's Idea-ology set Alpha Parts - Numeric. But which number... and as I counted them out, that nasty little ear-worm, that sometimes strikes, struck and I had it: ONE! The ear-worm? The finale from "A Chorus Line", which I saw at least three times in San Francisco even before it opened on Broadway! That finale gives me goosebumps every time I hear it!
In case you are one of those souls who may have never seen "A Chrous Line", here is that finale, and the picture on that web site gave me my color scheme as well! My approach was to use stamps and stencils in the way they might not have been intended (at least not as they were seen my me!)...
I started with the top hats that each member of the chorus line wore. I used the "Undertaker" stamp set for the hat, stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed in Gold on black card stock. I fussy cut it, removing the skull and keeping only the hat, and added a band made from scrap gold shimmer paper. I put in the accent marks with a fine-tip black pen:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Undertaker" (CMS240) and "Crazy Thoughts" (CMS238); Karen Foster Snap Stamp "Mini-Formal" (00377)
- Inks: Distress Oxides "Fossilized Amber", "Spiced Marmalade" and "Vintage Photo"; Distress Ink "Fossilized Amber"; Versamark; Pigma Micron 05 #1 Archival "black"; Archival "Jet Black"
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil "Rays" (THS003)
- Embossing Powder: Hampton Arts "gold"
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Alpha Parts - Numeric (TH93074)
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "white"; scraps of black card and yellow gold shimmer paper, manufacturer unknown; Creative Memories Shimmer Paper in white gold; Distress Mixed Media Heavystock (TDA53835)
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Xyron 500 sticker maker
I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, March 29, 2017: Anything Goes