For some reason, I couldn't get the Distress Ink to work over the Clear Texture Paste. In fact, it actually looked like it was resisted by the paper and the texture paste took up the color. Even after letting the tag dry between the texture paste application and the application of ink, the texture paste still felt a little sticky, like rubber gets when it get hot if you know what I mean. Was it not quite dry? I can't see why since it actually was air drying a t least two hours longer than my index card for a similar technique in the homework (see below).
Could it be because I collage my paper background, using collage medium? (Edited on August 8 to add that, on a live chat, Tim said that Collage medium has a resin in it that resist inks! SO THAT was why this tag didn't work...) Did that keep the paste wet longs? and did it resist the ink? I was too tired to try again though. Maybe it will go on my do-over list with Distress Marker Spritzer Watercolor...
As for the Distress Grit-Paste Grunge,, I have to say it failed because I just don't like it... First of all, it didn't feel that gritty to me. Also, it didn't take the color easily (and when it did, the color did NOT remind me of rust, I even added some Rusty Hinge to take away from the raw sewage look I was getting...sorry if that is too much information, but that is what the color reminded me of.)
Anyway, we had homework for day three --- to create three "index" or reference cards for the media described in this lesson.
My first index card showed the three collage media (form top, to bottom: collage media matte, collage media vintage and collage media crazing). I didn't have three of each ephemera so I improvised with the larger motif, aiming for similar color patterns rather than identical pictures.
I didn't quite get the color uptake with stains that Tim did. Not sure why... Otherwise, I'm happy with my index tag: