Since we have a cruise planned for later this summer, and in order to bor=ard the ship, we need to fly to London, I decided to commemorated this trip with a card.
I started with a die-cut globe, mounted on a piece of HOTP patterned paper called "pool water":
I triple heat embossed an airplane die cut with Chrome EP, but when I tried to remove it from the heating surface, it toreros I had to heat emboss again twice to try to hide the tear line - didn't work real well. (Note: NEVER much an embossed image when the powder is bubbling --- blistered fingers result, to say nothing of spoiling the embossed finish!).
I triple embossed the cruise ship with Arctic White EP and backed it with a thin strip of red card to add some detail to the hull.
I die cut three of the word " Vacation" in black, stacked them, and heat embossed them with Crystal Clear EP.
For the final card assembly, I added an Idea-ology ephemera piece to kraft card and layered the globe, the plane, the ship and the sentiment:
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Globe Mini" (661598) and "Handwritten Vacation" (661286)
- Inks: Distress Oxides "Mowed Lawn", "Crushed Olive" And "Fossilized Amber"
- Embossing Powders: INkon3 Ultra fine "Crystal Clear', "Arctic White" and "Chrome"
- Papers: ParkLane Paperie A2 notecard "ivory"; Hot off the Press Paper Pizazz "Pool Water" (HOTP200068); karst card stock; scraps of Neena Solar White, red and black card
- Embellishments: freebie die cuts of plane and ship from Funky Junky Boutique; Idea-ology Ephemera Pack "Expedition" (TH93115)
- Adhesives: iCraft "Easy Tear Tape; GinaK "Connect" glue
I'm also entering this card in:
- the Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge for June 2019: #SSSIGChallenge
- the Funkie Junkie Boutique "I Love Shopping at the Funkie Junkie Boutique"