I decided to make a card that commemorate the "vacations" my family took when I was a child: road trips from Ohio to New Jersey and back to visit grandparents, which inevitably included a trip to at least one New Jersey beach (Manesquan was my grandparents' favorite, but there was also the beach cottage my Aunt and Uncle kept at Ocean Beach and the amusement park and boardwalk at Asbury Park). I never was a great swimmer, and certainly didn't "swim" in the ocean, but there was nothing quite like walking along the boundary of sand and water, looking for the odd shell and avoiding the lumps of tar that often drifted ashore from ships that pumped their bilges offshore.
Other memories included sand in swim suits, serious sunburns (I never did tan easily), and seafood dinners with our parents at the end of the day (Dad always had steamer clams).
I started with an image (from above) of water washing onto the sand:
Next, using Versamark, I created two water-marked footprints. I stamped the sentiment in Archival Ik:
- Stamps: GinaK “Ocean Minded” from the Ocean-Minded Card Kit (OMCDKIT)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Markers “Mermaid Lagoon”, “Tumbled Glass”, “Broken China”, and “Vintage Photo"; Archival “Coffee”
- Embossing Powders: Inkon3 Ultra Fine “Arctic White”
- Papers: GinaK Sandy Beach and Ocean Mist card blanks
- Adhesive: GinaK “Connect” glue