"Summer is upon us an we couldn’t be more elated (and have a feeling you’re just as excited about the warm weather and sunshine too!) We want to see you create SUMMER themed cards, mixed media projects, scrapbook pages and whatever else your crafty-heart desires – but please make sure that a Summery theme is the main focus of your creations."
I decided to go with flowers, because what our family focuses on in the summer is my husbands daylily and costa gardens.
I started with a cut of Neena Solar White and blended Distress Oxides. Once it dried, I die cut the word summer and mounted the background on a pre-folded ivory A2 card:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp "Wildflowers" (sss201998)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Vacation words: Block" (661287)
- Inks: Distress Oxides "Mowed Lawn", "Curshed Olive", "Broken China" and "Tumbled Glass"; GiaK "Amalgam", Ranger Archival "Jet Black"
- Papers: ParkLane Paperie A2notecard "ivory" (15919590); Neena Solar White
- Adhesives: GInaK "Connect" glue
I'm also entered in this in the Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge for June, 2019: #SSSIGChallenge