Well, for me, ever since childhood, a true summer icon was the annual visit to the New Jersey Shore. I never was a swimmer and I sunburn terribly but there's something about the smell of the sea, the sound of the surf, and the feast on steamed clams after and afternoon with the cousins on the beach at Ocenside that made those visits one of my benchmarks for a successful summer! So I decided to do a beach scene for my card.
I used a Stamping' Up! set of stamps, watercolored with various inks and pens and pencils, and used one sentiment die set to create this scene:
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Shore Thing" set
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Vacation Words: Script" (661288)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black", "Potting Soil", "Chrome Yellow" and "Aquamarine"; Distress Markers "Candied Apple", "Blueprint Sketch", "Gathered Twigs; "Vintage Photo", and "Fired Brick"; Distress Inks "Tumbled Glass" and "Candied Apple"; Inktense Pencils "Sea Blue" (1200) and "Baked Earth" (1800), Signo Uniball "white" gel pen
- Papers: Hot Off The Press Paper flair notecards "ivory" (HOTP 7402); Neena Extra heavy "white" (80996); scraps of brown and yellow card
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Distress Collage Medium; Xyron 500 Sticker Maker
I'm also entering this in the Frilly & Funky Challenge for July 5, 2017: In the Good Old Summertime