Now I had my sewing machine uncovered and started up and got to work looking for products. I thought I'd use some 'tovers in my stash and came across a stitched oval frame and decided to go with Stitched dies for this card!
(I forgot to take my camera to the craft space so I can only describe my steps in words, not pictures)
I started by blending Distress Oxide "Fired Brick" and "Abandoned Coral" on a 4 x 5.25" piece of Neena Solar white card. I then attached a "Honeycomb" in mirror gold from my 'tovers, and over that I attached a stitched border in metallic gold, also from my 'tovers.
I inked a stitched oval frame (again, from the 'tovers") and heat embossed it twice, using metallic gold embossing powder. I cut an oval of the same size as the frame from white card stock and attached the embossed frame to it. The white edges were a little glaring so I covered them with gold marker. I then stamped an image of Santa Claus in "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink inside the frame. I attached the finished frame to the card front, layered it on mirror-gold card ,and attached it to a pre-folded white 4.25 x 5.5" notecard.
I selected six dark red poinsettias from Hero Arts and sprayed them liberally with Lindy's Stamp Gang "Medieval Gold" Glitz Spritz. I layered the poinsettia blooms and attached them together with gold brads. Using foam dots, I attached the poinsettias to the card front ...
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Simon Holiday Stamp Set" (TH13CKIT)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Stitched Ovals" (661188) and Frameworks "Honeycomb" (659430)
- Inks: Distress Oxide "Abandoned Coral" and "Fired Brick"; Distress Ink Vintage Photo"; DeCoColor "Liquid Gold" marker; Versamark; Lindy;s Gang Starburst "Medieval Gold Glitz Spritz"
- Embossing Powders: WOW! "Metallic Gold Regular" (WC04R)
- Papers:The White Stock Value Pack pre-folded notecard "white"; Neena Solar White card; mirror gold and metallic gold card scraps
- Embellishments" Hero Arts "Art Flowers - Poinsettia" (CH197), gold brads (maker unknown)
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick;RedLine 1/8" Embossing Tape; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots
I'm also entered this in