After mulling over the possibilities for the past few days, I decided to try glitter, shimmery cardstock and sequins and see what I could come up with.
First, glitter. Namely Distress Glltter in "Rock Candy" and "Spiced Marmalade". I've played with this before, not necessarily successfully, as I never seem to be able to get the stuff to STICK! I end up with a work space littler sparkling for weeks! Part of my issue, I believe, was the substrate I used (it would soak up the adhesive so quickly that there was little left to hold on to this relatiley bulky kind of glitter). This time I searched out some chipboard shapes which were already "sealed" with a coating of glossy paper. I had a box of Die Cut With A View "Fall Chipboard Alphabets & Shapes" and found two matching floral shapes in that box. I coated them liberally on their matching sides (a blotchy orange-red) with Glossy Accents and then sprinkled on Rock Candy Distress Glitter liberally. I let it sit for a few minutes before knocking off the excess. Then, a few hours later, when the glaze was fully dry, I added a spiral of Glossy Accents in the center of each flower and loaded that with "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Glitter:
Next step, add a sequin to the center of each flower. I used a mixture of orange sequins from a Doodlebug Design Inc. Rainbow Collection of sequins and more Glossy Accents:
- Stamps: Hero Arts "Flourish Corner" (K5021)
- Die Cuts: Die Cut With A View "Fall Chipboard Alphabet & Shapes"; Sizzix Thinlits "Adventure" (660224)
- Ink: "Ripe Persimmon" Distress Ink
- Glitter: "Rock Candy" and "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Glitters
- Sequins: Doodlebug Design Inc. "Rainbow Assortment"
- Adhesives: Ranger's Glossy Accents, Ranger's Collage Stick, foam dots