I decided to try a variant of paper-piecing that I had seen in a Laura Bassen video, but used gold metallic paper and cardstock scraps instead of rainbow colors.
I started by gluing strips of three different kinds of gold card on a piece of white card formerly part of a notepad. I then trimmed the piece, added some gold mylar tape, and mounted it on a coral-colored scrap.
I stamped a sentiment on a coral-colored stitched circle in versamark and embossed it with fine detail gold embossing powder.
I assembled the panel and the circle on a kraft A2 card:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp “word Mix 2” (sss202098)
- Dies: Sizzix “Stitched Circles” (662229)
- Inks: versamark; Sanford Uniball Gel Pen “gold”
- Embossing Powders: GinaK “Fie Detail Gold”
- Papers: Memory Box A2 notecard “kraft”; scraps of gold and coral cardstocks
- Embellishments: metallic mylar tape “gold”
- Adhesives: GinaK “Connect” glue; ScorTape 1/8”